Dear June,
Woke up and was surprised by the ache I felt at not having spoken with you in quite some time.
Your silence makes me wonder if you are dating someone and trying to find out what life is like with him. But then again maybe it is just life and you are busy.
I don't know how you really feel, but I have my ideas. Most of the time when I look in that place where the magic has always lived I feel you there.
You know, the place where we always knew the other was thinking about us or that they would be the one calling or that knock on the door was them.
I stay silent sometimes thinking you need to figure things out before you can really take a look at us again. And then I think that is silly that you want me to be the one knocking and that if I do so you will answer.
So does ego keep us apart or fear.
****
The thing is every time I am honest with myself I am certain you could step into my arms and we would pick up where we left off.
Would that lead to a life of the same magic?
Maybe, maybe not.
We never got the chance but I always believed it was more likely to be yes than no because even those blessed with magic have to work together.
And it is why I think sometimes you are afraid to be held, loved and kissed by me. Because sometimes it is easier to just let fantasy be than to see if reality matches.
I think prefer to take the risk and know.
No comments:
Post a Comment