Visibility

The Garden

I keep looking for you in the secret garden of promises made and promises kept. I wander among verdant fields of green into a forest filled with the orange and yellow colors of the autumn that is yet to come.

Under the moonlit sky I stare up and remember what it was like to kiss you and hold you in my arms. I close my eyes and see you lying beneath me, soft eyes and an electric smile that only I got to see.

And I wonder what became of that smile and think about how I might find it again. I wander through life separated from the woman who taught me how to love again and I think about how unfair it is for two people to have met as we did.

I haven't any answers or explanations. Sometimes I retreat and move back into my cave to nurse my wounds. I disconnect from everything that goes on around me and try to focus my attention upon that which is immediately before me.

Inside the secret garden of promises made and promises kept I hear your voice and smell you. I talk about a boy who asks a girl to let him love her and in return be loved. Inside the secret garden of promises made and promises kept I see a beautiful woman who has so much to give and is more amazing than she gives herself credit for.

Inside the secret garden of promises made and promises kept I write these words and hope that when you read them you will do so with an open heart and the belief that maybe somehow we can find our way back to each other.

It sounds crazy, but inside the secret garden of promises made and promises kept it all feels possible. Here in the garden I have this feeling that when we reach ten years it will all come together.

And I wonder if we were alone if you would try to stop me from kissing you again or if you would let me drink deeply from your lips.

I never promised to do things the easy way but I did promise to keep trying, so my dearest Juneleh- I am looking for a way.

No comments:

Featured Post

Walking In The Rain

Baby, you know that when you are so far away from me I get a terrible thirst. It is an itch that I can't scratch. You are my air. When m...