You still are, as you were when I wrote those words here long ago. Some days it feels like yesterday and some days it feels like forever ago.
I don't spend time thinking about how or why it does, I just know it the same way I know lots of other things. Doesn't mean I couldn't pick it apart so that I could understand it better but it doesn't require that because we just aren't logical.
We are as arbitrary about things as anyone else on the planet but I do wonder if being more cerebral causes more issues or helps eliminate them. Maybe it is both. Felt like going after a couple of numbskulls in a way people haven't seen in a while. Tearing them apart would have been easy and mildly fun, but ultimately not very satisfying.
Kind of like using a hairbrush for purposes other than it is primary. It may get the job done, but there is a world of difference between getting it done and using the right tool. There is a certain pleasure that comes from that, using the right tool, in the right way and place that you just can't get any other way.
Course sometimes scratching that itch leads to some interesting moments where you discover that the end result is...interesting.
A long time ago I played around with using numbers like this 60^34071 to send messages but it seemed silly and not as cool as using real math to do that, something that required solving an equation or two.
Obviously haven't done it the way I am talking about, but maybe one day, maybe not. The beauty of life is as much as we think we know what will happen we really don't. You just never know what direction the world will turn.
So we roll with it and see where it goes, how it feels and how it happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment