Visibility

Face To Face

Should I tell you what I think would happen if we were alone and face-to-face or should I let you guess what you think I think will happen.

You probably think it is something about love or sex or sex and love.

Could be.

Could be something different.

I could surprise you. That might be how you ended up naked once.

Or maybe you surprised me and that is how I ended up naked.

Someone once said that they don't like getting naked as a middle aged person. It sort of bothers me because I know what I once looked like and how I want to look.

But getting naked on that deeper level is far more interesting and far more frightening to me. It is a flame that makes me run away and pulls me closer all at the same time.

I wonder if you remember my scent.

I wonder if scent drives people--not perfume/cologne but something like pheromones that we may not necessarily know we are smelling.

Depth is what I seek more than anything else.

That castle was deep and the residents were too.

Shallow is dull and mundane.

If you can't push to reach the deeper places you miss out. Stuck somewhere between Neruda, Marlowe and Kipling I hear a million echoes
“I love you only because it's you the one I love; I hate you deeply, and hating you Bend to you, and the measure of my changing love for you Is that I do not see you but love you blindly.”
"And I will make thee beds of Roses And a thousand fragrant posies, A cap of flowers, and a kirtle Embroidered all with leaves of Myrtle;"
"NOW this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die. As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack."
This and that floats through my head and I remember I could be a poet, the ability is within-all that remains is the choice to do so.

My eyes close, memories flow through it, a raging river of thoughts and ideas asking for decisions to be made.

No comments:

Featured Post

Walking In The Rain

Baby, you know that when you are so far away from me I get a terrible thirst. It is an itch that I can't scratch. You are my air. When m...