Dear June,
Well woman if I was more superstitious and in a different sort of mood I would tell you about how close I came to working in a different city and I am not referring to the one I came from.
I was certain that the position was going to come through and on the flight home began working out details of what needed to happen.
Well, I was honestly surprised when it didn't come through and found myself looking elsewhere. I was generally surprised when I found myself headed out here. And more surprised when I began to realize how small a community it is and how I have met people who probably know you.
I haven't asked but when they talk about the community and the relatively few places within our county (yes, I said our county 'cuz I live here too) it stands to reason that you and they have crossed paths.
So you can imagine how surreal it is for me to sit there. Could I mention your name?
Of course I can, but I have intentionally kept things separate because it makes sense and besides a woman like you who is so much older than I am is easily worn out and I would hate to do that to you without giving you a proper warm up first.
Anyhoo, there is a good chance I am going to disappear for a while, try not to miss me too much. I always know when you are thinking about me because I can smell the smoke. ;)
I'd tell you to read this twice, but I know you do that automatically, especially because I am far too handsome and humble.
No comments:
Post a Comment