Feeling a bit unsettled and not sure why. Maybe it is because there is so much to be done to move ahead with life and it feels like I am treading water. Or maybe it is because you are a giant pain in my ass. Wait a second, you are a giant pain in my ass always so it can't be you that is making things feel strange. ;)
I decided a while back it is quite important to pay attention to gut feelings about people. It is a big part of why I never stopped holding your hand. I always feel like when things are hard we are the person the other wants to lean on for support and when things are good we are the person that we want to share it with.
When you reach a certain age this sort of thing gains more importance because you have experienced enough life to understand what you want and what you need. You discover how little tolerance you have for grief from most people and appreciate how tolerant you are when it comes from someone who is special to you.
We can ignore these things, pretend they don't exist or try to find ways to make magnetic pulls weaker but science and experience prove that doesn't always work. So make of that what you will, a paper hat, a silly comment or something profound and meaningful.
I know what I know and it isn't always based upon logic. So I continue to love you because I just do and I am fine with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment