Visibility

June, June, June

Dear June,

There is no snow upon the ground but I sometimes wonder if it lies upon our hearts.

Been so much going on in my life I wonder how I manage to lift my head and enjoy the warmth of the son upon my face.

And then I remember, I do it because I don't know any other way.

I can feel myself changing and I wonder where it leads and what it will lead to.

So many challenges overcome and so many still ahead.

Sometimes I swear I feel you thinking about walking into my arms and sometimes I think it is just the dreams of a crazy man.

Sometimes I think many things and say nothing because silence and I have become close friends.

This aging thing isn't easy. I work out twice as hard for half the gains and enjoy strange aches and pains.

But I feel and see progress.

I had to visit a hotel we once spent time in.

It made me smile, the memories.

The guy I was with asked me why I was smiling and I told him the memories were good. He said they must have been amazing because I had a Cheshire Cat grin.

I told him they got better as time went on.

He told me he hoped I could make new ones and I said that is a good toast for us all.

The future is bright, even if it is a little bit scary.

My eyes are wide open. I see possibility.

No comments:

Featured Post

Walking In The Rain

Baby, you know that when you are so far away from me I get a terrible thirst. It is an itch that I can't scratch. You are my air. When m...