Visibility

I Think About It Every Day

“The very essence of romance is uncertainty.” ― Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays

“When love is not madness it is not love.” ― Pedro Calderón de la Barca

“Every great love starts with a great story...” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

“You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.”  Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

“I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” 
― Albert Einstein

“I know nothing in the world that has as much power as a word. Sometimes I write one, and I look at it, until it begins to shine.” 
― Emily Dickinson

“It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure.” 
― Albert Einstein

“Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... now you tell me what you know.” 
― Groucho Marx

“I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal.” 
― Jane Austen, Jane Austen's Letters

“The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours” 
― Alan Bennett, The History Boys: The Film

“Forget safety.
Live where you fear to live.
Destroy your reputation.
Be notorious.” 
― Rumi

“No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader.” 
― Robert Frost

Dear June,

Every single day I think about going back. Every single day I wonder how long it will be before I truly return. Every single day I wonder what sort of fool I am and every single day I answer that with the one who does something about it.

Never could I have imagined that I would sit here and think about the 1,422 miles that lie between me and home.

Something changed. Where I am used to be home, but now I suspect home is somewhere else. Amazing.

Make of it what you will, at the moment these are just notes on a page.


No comments:

Featured Post

Walking In The Rain

Baby, you know that when you are so far away from me I get a terrible thirst. It is an itch that I can't scratch. You are my air. When m...