Dear June,
I stumbled across something online the other day that said something about people having multiple lives. They weren't talking about Karma or any sort of supernatural thing. It was more about figuring out who we are and what we want.
Something along the lines of needing to live a bit before you can really figure those things out. It got me thinking about that whole 'love of my life' thing. I don't know that I remember anyone ever saying it or talking about it before I heard you use it.
That is neither here nor there but I was sort of playing around with how it might apply to multiple lives in this context. Is is something that should apply to your entire life. Should we look at it as being one person or should there be multiple people.
We loved other people before we found each other. Might have even thought they were supposed to be that 'love of my life' person and then learned otherwise.
In some ways it doesn't matter. I am just sort of thinking out loud. But what I am certain of is that I have lived and loved enough to have a pretty damn good idea about the whole thing. And I am still convinced we fill the empty places in each other and that there is a special match.
I really do believe the connection is as strong as ever and that it is not the kind of thing that dies. I am convinced if there was no contact at all it would hurt us.
Not saying this to try and convince you of anything nor am I asking you to do anything. Just sharing a few thoughts. That is another one of our strengths, the willingness to speak our minds and be frank. When I close my eyes I see you.
You are still my girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment