Visibility

Rhyme and Reason

Might have dreamed about you last night or some other time. Might have remembered holding your hand and kissing your lips.

Yeah, might have been that and might have been other things. Might have been memories of the moments in which we stopped the world and made it our own.

Days in which we couldn't imagine life without each other and the days when  all we did was work on forgetting each other.

I don't know if any love story is perfection but there are pieces of perfection in ours and if I knew how I would take those moments from my mind and place them on a film strip.

I'd play that movie for you and watch it unfold again. It is not hard to picture us sitting on the couch, holding hands and watching what we experienced play for us.

They say only a fool chases the moon because it can't be captured or controlled but I have never been the guy who listens to those people. Maybe it is because of you and how I know we caught lightning in a bottle.

We didn't just do it once because it happened a few times. Enough for me to be just crazy enough that the improbable might actually be probable. And every time I ever thought we got as much as we could ever get life showed me that it didn't have to be that way.

The gift we were given called out to me and I followed the siren song because I couldn't risk not knowing if it was fate or folly. Fire may burn but it also warms hearts and when you have sat close enough to know the difference you do what you must.

When you touch me with your fingers,
My cares and worries vanish
Like the morning dew before the rising sun,
When your eyes tell me you love me,
Then my soul is filled with wonder
And my love for you will live when life is done.
Gentle Annie, Gentle Annie,
And my love for you
Will live when life is done.

No comments:

Featured Post

Walking In The Rain

Baby, you know that when you are so far away from me I get a terrible thirst. It is an itch that I can't scratch. You are my air. When m...