Visibility

Ticklish Girl

Hello ticklish girl,

Thought I'd share these quotes with you:

“The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. Maybe they always have been and will be. Maybe we've lived a thousand lives before this one and in each of them we've found each other. And maybe each time, we've been forced apart for the same reasons. That means that this goodbye is both a goodbye for the past ten thousand years and a prelude to what will come.”


“In times of grief and sorrow I will hold you and rock you and take your grief and make it my own. When you cry I cry and when you hurt I hurt. And together we will try to hold back the floods to tears and despair and make it through the potholed street of life”

“The scariest thing about distance is that you don’t know whether they’ll miss you or forget you.”

“No, it's not that. It's not what you're thinking. I was serious when I said 'all of it'. I can remember every moment we were together, and in eachof them there was something wonderful. I can't really pick any one time that meant more than any other. The entire summer was perfect, the kind of summer everyone should have. How could I pick one moment over another? Poets often describe love as an emotion that we can't control, one that overwhelms logic and common sense. That's what it was like for me. I didn't plan on falling in love with you, and I doubt if you planned on falling in love with me. But once we met, it was clear that neither of us could control what was happening to us. We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has happened only once, and that's why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I'll never forget a single moment of it.” 

Baby, we have one of the most complex, simple and romantic stories out there. I know that sounds like a contradiction and it is but we are a contradiction and yet we are not.

We are the answer to equations, hypotheses and formulas that people puzzle over for years. We are two elements that have very specific properties as individuals but when combined create something rare and magical.

Sometimes I like to think about what it would be like to have all of you and to live life immersed in each other. I probably don't think about it as often as you might think but that is because I put most of my focus on the present.

Doesn't mean I don't like to day dream and fantasize about you because I do but I can't let what can't be today keep me from doing the things that will help me reach tomorrow.

That doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't tell you that I believe we deserve more than we have now and that no one will make you happier than me. That is not arrogant or bragging, it is just the truth and the reason is because of that chemical combination.

There is something about it that makes it easy for me to make you feel loved, cherished and secure. Something magical because it just works. It is tied into the way we never get tired of being together. That is special, knowing you can spend countless hours together and not want to kill the other person.

Doesn't happen every day.

Anyway, I have to get back to work but before I go you need to hear me say I love you. I would give a lot to wrap my arms around you and bury my nose in your neck.

Some of  my favorite moments with you have been like that, quiet moments where I got to hold you and whisper in your ear.

No comments:

Featured Post

Walking In The Rain

Baby, you know that when you are so far away from me I get a terrible thirst. It is an itch that I can't scratch. You are my air. When m...