Visibility

Thursday Night


Dear June,

Every time I hear this song I think of you and wonder about what life might have been like had we met a thousand years ago. Ok, I don't mean that literally but sometimes I think about the days when we were completely free as being a millenia ago

It is not with sadness that I think about it, just curiosity. Curious because our experiences have made us who we are today but I think about our core and wonder when that was formed and if that is where our hearts hang out together.

I don't really know and I don't worry about it, but it is fun to think of. I like to think that if we had met and spent real time talking we would have recognized whatever spark exists between us and chased after it. I like to think it would have been so powerful we couldn't have done anything different, but who knows.

Ultimately it doesn't matter and all we have is what we have been through and what we do from this moment forward. That is ok, it is how life works.

I know it sounds all woo woo, but the more I think about it the more I am convinced this last year is meant to be. It didn't happen by itself and free will has been a huge part of it but the choices we made all led to where we are today and I think it is a better place overall than where we were.

It is tangible proof that all we once thought and dreamed about was more than just fantasy and that is significant and meaningful. It is proof that all the time we invested in each other wasn't wasted.

That is worth something.

No one can say with any certainty where life will take us or how things will end up but I am convinced that we have created a stronger foundation than we ever had and set something up so that if we choose to we can move ahead.

I am intentionally being vague about that because there are so many unknowns and sometimes you can't solve for X but that doesn't mean the equation lies unanswered forever. Sometimes it just means you have to spend more time studying the problem so that one day you see what was unseen and solve the problem that had once seemed impossible.

MLBF baby.

No comments:

Featured Post

Walking In The Rain

Baby, you know that when you are so far away from me I get a terrible thirst. It is an itch that I can't scratch. You are my air. When m...