Visibility

Reflections Of "OUR" Life

Dear Juneleh,

I am listening to Marmalade and thinking about how very lucky I am to have you in my life and how excited I am to finally celebrate your birthday together. After a thousand years we'll be able to say that we spent time together on both of our birthdays, hard to believe.

Today I almost got a blanket for you. It was going to be your birthday gift. I wanted to give it to you and to tell you that any time you felt lost, cold or out of sorts to wrap yourself in it because it would serve as my arms when I wasn't able to be with you.

Didn't do it because I wasn't sure if you'd really like it or not. Thought you'd like the sentiment but decided that I just wasn't certain so I didn't do it.

Saw a bunch of things I wanted to get for you. Some of them just aren't things I can give you right now for obvious reasons and some are things that I hope to do one day.

Listening to Johnny sing The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face and thinking about how magical this has been and how in spite of everything it continues to be. Don't ever doubt us or anything about us.'

Don't give in to anger or sorrow and try to convince yourself that what we have is anything other than it is. When hard times come let them into your heart and remember it hurts because we figured out how to get back that thing that makes two people more than just one. We see things in each other that no one else does and share what no one else is allowed.

I know how you think so don't go to that place where you think this is me trying to say goodbye or to prepare you for anything because it is not. It is just me opening my heart and sharing what I see and feel with you. It is just a boy telling a girl he loves and cherishes her because she helped him and he is grateful.

It is just a boy trying to say he wants to write words that will move his girl and make her feel special even when she might think she isn't or doesn't deserve to.

It is just a boy who is never bored with his girl. Sometimes he is frustrated and angry because she is a among the most difficult PITAs he has ever met but it is part of her charm and that doesn't scare him now or ever.

So birthday girl remember these things:

I love you.

I notice whenever you are not around.

You said I love you and kissed me first.

See you soon.

MLBF

No comments:

Featured Post

Walking In The Rain

Baby, you know that when you are so far away from me I get a terrible thirst. It is an itch that I can't scratch. You are my air. When m...