My Dear June,
Well sweet love of mine it is Friday night and I am still exhausted. A nap and two cups of coffee haven't been enough to remove the stains of the week and the strain of feeling like I was towing ten thousand pounds of crap behind me.
It was hard not seeing you today, but I am glad we will see each other soon because I can't wait to put my nose in your neck and smell my girl. It makes me happy to hold you and to be one person.
I hope you don't feel like all I have done is complain because that is tedious. Sometimes it feels to me like that is all I do and I hate that.
Life is certainly harder now than I like it to be but it is so much better than it was and it will get easier again.
I am listening to Latika's theme now and thinking about Slumdog Millionaire. The "heroes" go through hell and back but somehow they find each other and I think we have done that too. We have one of the all time great love stories and were people to hear it they would go nuts.
Some would hate and despise us but others would understand that sometimes things happen in ways that make little sense but ultimately work out very well. I am not trying to say what that means for our future because I have learned not to take those steps, one day at a time is the way to go.
Still I am willing to bet that part of you smiles at the idea of being married or at the very least living together. I know there is the question about 'honeymoon' periods and whether our time together is 'enhanced' because it is limited but I tend to think that we already went through our honeymoon phase.
It happened years ago and now in many ways we are like the old married couple but the spark between us is strong and experience makes me believe that this isn't the kind of thing that just goes away. We aren't together because of sex.
We are together because we like and love each other and that leads to sex because when you have the kind of deep connection we have you are compelled to make love to each other because words don't always show how you feel and the knowledge of what we can do to make each other feel good pushes us.
It is a good sort of push, a worthy push and well, right now I want to push my way in, all the way in.
Time for some Scotch and a movie, but before I go know that I love you and that saying it face to face always makes me smile. I love the way you melt and the smile in your voice. You are always sexy to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment