Dear June,
If you saw me writing this you might be overcome with emotion but I am not sure if would be the sort of passion that would make you pull me off of the chair to engage in your former favorite activity, but maybe.
If you go back through the earliest posts here and look at the promises and thoughts you'll see that we have been consistent. You might take that to mean that I am stuck in the past and that I am trying to bring back the 36 year-old girl who promised to wear me out.
But I am really not.
We aren't those people any more and that is ok. It is ok because I have no ability to change that and I have to accept it just as you do. But that doesn't mean that I have to accept every little thing or worry that everything that could go wrong will.;
I don't buy trouble.
Sometimes I forget to follow my own advice and sometimes I act other than I want to, but hell I am just a man.
It means that I accept that there are things that are imperfect and situations that are not as I wish them to be. It means that I know that things can be complicated and awkward but that I am not willing to just ignore some things because the water gets rough.
It is one day at a time for me but it is also with my eyes open.
Do you not know how much joy I got from kissing you. Can you tell me that you didn't feel the charge or that there was this imperfect perfection there.
Tell me when you got your news today who did you run to. Who did you think of. Who did you look to share it with. Who made you feel better and why.
This is not me trying to manipulate you into agreeing to open your secret garden to me. This is not me trying to convince you to let me take you. I don't have to ask.
You mention it often because you want it and fear the consequences. I already know it is mine to take and I know you will talk about whether I am ignoring your wishes or not.
But I am not hear to debate that or not. I am hear to point out that when you love your best friend and know that they will be there you can rest more comfortably because you can hold their hand and know you will figure it out.
And you don't have to get lost, angry or upset because that is not specific or detailed. All you need to do is submit and accept that you are loved.

No comments:
Post a Comment