Darling June,
It is a bit after 8 and I have figured out that non dairy Frappucinos with an extra shot of Espresso don't like me much, kind of figured that was the case but I am a slow learner...sometimes.
Or maybe it is just my nature to push the limits again and again.
Anyway just want to follow up on the texts from earlier and take a chance that I am stirring up dust that has settled. Maybe yes, maybe no. I tend to believe it is ok and that is why I am doing it. Besides I think that one of the things that distinguishes us is our willingness to speak.
Can you imagine going back to a time where there is no "you and I." Can you really see a moment where we go our separate ways again.
Of course you can. It is not really a question of whether it is possible or not but a question of whether the thought seems ridiculous or not.
When I talk about day by day it is because it is how I view things from a practical standpoint. Makes no sense to me to do more than that, at least at this point in time. Might change in the future but I see nothing that makes me believe that is likely to happen at any time soon.
The time slip I referred to really seemed to me to be about a decade or so in the future, certainly not now. And while that might seem contradictory to my talking about day by day to me it isn't. I suppose it is because I am not trying to make plans for then, I am just thinking about what feels possible.
And that seems possible to me, that in our fifties we could decide to do something more. Doesn't mean we will, just that it is possible. Nothing to be concerned with now, just something that felt good and wanted to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment